Cabbage pear salad
This cabbage pear salad is packed with fresh, distinctive flavors that enhances anything you serve with it. The dressing contains an amazing, ingredient.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 min
- 1 medium white cabbage, (about 2 pounds), outer leaves removed
- 1 medium red cabbage, (about 2 pounds), outer leaves removed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 large pears, stem & seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 5 tablespoons pomegranate
- salt to taste
- ½ cup (100ml) olive oil
- 1 orange, juice & zest
- ⅛ cup (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup (120g) spicy feta dip
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Quarter the cabbage through the core, and then cut out the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and finely shred. (Keep it to the refrigerator in a well-sealed food container for up to 5 days).
Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl (or smaller ones). Add the shredded carrot, raisins, prosciutto, and pomegranate and toss to mix.
Prepare the dressing. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon for acidity, salt or pepper for flavor balance, or feta dip for creaminess. Set aside. (Keep it to the refrigerator in a well-sealed food container for up to 5 days).
To serve, add the sliced pear and dressing. Toss to combine.
Garnish with remaining pears, raisins and/or pomegranate, and serve separately the remaining dressing (if any) in a small bowl.